Here you can find out more about activities and projects being carried out by SECFR Board Members.
- Dr. Jennifer Zorotovich (SECFR President) is the Director of the Call2Care Program at Georgia Southern University, which is an intergenerational telephone reassurance program that links college student volunteers to adults within the community who have expressed an interest or need for meaningful social engagement. This program aims to combat issues of isolation among certain communities of older adults that have been exacerbated by recent social distancing measures. A larger goal of the program is to provide a platform for disparate groups to interact in efforts that may contribute to the reduction of ageism.
- Dr. James M. Duncan (SECFR Past President) is currently the co-director of “FRIENDS of the Tallgrass” an interdisciplinary lab of professionals in the Midwest and the creator of the podcast “Advocates of SH.I.E.LD.” a podcast where he serves as a family science advocate SHaring Information on Entertainment in a Lifespan Development context (SH.I.E.LD).
- Dr. Anthony J. Ferraro (SECFR Adjoining-Member-at-Large) is also a co-director of FRIENDS of the Tallgrass as well as the Co-Leader of the Together We Can Workgroup, a workgroup that is part of a multi-state coalition within the Northcentral Regional Cooperative Extension Network working on the implementation and evaluation of parent education programs.
- Lindsey Almond (Membership Presiding Officer) is a Graduate Research Assistant working for the Alabama Healthy Marriage and Relationship Education Initiative at Auburn University. Through this initiative she facilitates a youth relationship education program within local high schools.
- Ebonyse Mead (North Carolina Member-at-Large) currently does consulting work that focuses on educational equity specifically in early childhood education with The Educational Equity Institute which is dedicated to fighting racial inequities within the educational system through professional development and systems level change.