April 2-4, 2020
Theme: A Vision for Families: Exploring and Solidifying Professional Identity in Family Sciences
SECFR is pleased to announce this Call for Proposals for our 2020 Annual Conference to be held in Birmingham, Alabama from April 2-4, 2020. The theme of this upcoming conference is “A Vision for Families: Exploring and Solidifying Professional Identity in Family Sciences.” We are seeking high-quality proposals to be presented at our conference. All conference sessions should: be informative and relevant to family well-being, promote learner engagement, and demonstrate how your research area or topic of focus applies to the professional field of Family Sciences.
In addition, we especially desire proposals that:
- Have diverse presenters (of different nationalities; or from different institutions and geographic regions)
- Have varying levels of experience in the field (ranging from students to faculty to local practitioners)
- Contain original, innovative ideas
- Stimulate and provoke discussion
- Have strong connections to practice and/or policy
For this upcoming conference, SECFR is taking a two-pronged approach to engaging participants with the theme: “A Vision for Families: Exploring and Solidifying Professional Identity in Family Sciences.”
- A Vision for Families
- The first part of this theme is intended to encourage students, faculty, and helping professionals to submit proposals for poster and oral presentations on any topic of interest that is relevant to their “vision” of family well-being and/or family functioning as it is related to programs, policy, research, theory, and quantitative or qualitative work.
- Exploring and solidifying Professional Identity in Family Sciences
- The second part of this theme is intended to encourage faculty and helping professionals to submit proposals for workshop and roundtable presentations on topics that can provide future “family science” professionals (i.e., students) with information, ideas, and mentorship related to the field.
Proposal submissions will be accepted until December 15, 2019 and notification by January 15, 2020. All submissions received by December 15, 2019 will receive full consideration and may be accepted, rejected, or recommended for resubmission (with revisions). To access the PDF with the full “call for proposal” details click on the link below.
To access the proposal submission portal click here
SECFR is also accepting sponsorship’s for the upcoming annual conference that range from picture advertisements in our program to exhibit tables at the conference location. More information on the types of sponsorship available can be found in the PDF flier below.
To register as an attendee or a sponsor click here